Categories Education

What Is The Qualifying Marks For NEET 2020?

What is the qualifying marks for NEET 2020? – The minimum qualifying marks required to clear the NEET entrance exam is the cut-off. There are many factor determining the cutoff score for NEET those are –

  • number of available seats
  • number of applicants to the exam
  • Marking scheme
  • The difficulty level of the test
  • And many other factors

Who declares the results? – CBSE declares the results to the students based on NEET cutoff.

Year on year bunch of students have been preparing for the NEET and all they need is an accurate NEET syllabus to prepare. The syllabus is divided into four sections/subjects -Chemistry, Botany, Physics, and Zoology. In order to secure a decent or good score in NEET exam, the aspiring students require to complete about 97 chapters of the NEET syllabus. Before we get to other relevant details of NEET 

Eligibility Criteria for NTA NEET 2020

The eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 are:-

  • The students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized institute.
  • The minimum aggregate marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% for general category students and 40% for SC/ST category students.
  • The minimum age required to appear for the examination is 17 years and there is no upper age limit for students appearing for NEET 2020. 

NEET Participating States

Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu and Kashmir do not participate in the central pool of All India Quota seats. These states will conduct counselling for 100% state quota seats.

NEET Counselling Procedure

The counselling of NEET is conducted tentatively within one week of the declaration of the NEET result. The regulatory body that is responsible for counselling for NEET is – Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). The counselling process is conducted online in two rounds for the candidates who qualify for admissions in government medical and dental colleges across India.

You should know – the states will conduct separate two-round counselling process for admission to state quota seats in both – private and government institutions. The qualified candidates are required to first register themselves for the counselling process in the specified period.

NEET Counselling Procedure Overview

The students that are qualified for 15% all India quota seats can directly appear for the procedure of NEET counselling.

**The most important thing to be remembered, the students are required to carry their original set of documents while appearing for NEET counselling.

Here is the list of documents required for counselling:

NEET admit card 10 Passport size photograph Physically challenged certificate issued by the medical authority as mentioned in NEET prospects (if applicable)
Result of NEET (in form of rank letter and scorecard) Identity proof  
Class X Certificate (Date of Birth Proof) SC/ST proof certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)  
Class XI Certificate OBC Certificate  issued by the competent authority (if applicable)



 NEET Cutoff for MBBS OR BDS Program

The top 15% scores among the qualified candidates are directly eligible for NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota Seats. The rest of the 85% that qualify the exam may apply in their respective state colleges for the courses/programs like MBBS or BDS. However, the student’s scores are compatible with the eligibility criteria of the college.

NEET 2019 Minimum Qualifying Percentile and Score

NEET 2019 cutoff score for various categories are as follow:

Category Minimum Qualifying Percentile Cut-off Marks
Unreserved (UR) 50th Percentile 701-134
Unreserved PH (UR-PH) 45th Percentile 133-120
Scheduled Caste (SC) 40th Percentile 133-107
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 40th Percentile 133-107
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 40th Percentile 133-107
SC-PH 40th Percentile 119-107
ST-PH 40th Percentile 119-107
OBC-PH 40th Percentile 119-107

NEET UG Qualifying cut-off percentile 

Category Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Unreserved (UR) 50th Percentile
Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH) 45th Percentile
Scheduled Caste (SC) 40th Percentile
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 40th Percentile

 NEET Results 2020

The students will be able to check NEET 2020 results through online mode on June 4th, 2020. The students have to enter the date of birth and roll number to check the result.

NEET 2020 Counselling

The counselling process begins from the second week of June 2020 – the students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank in the NEET 2020 exam.

15% of All India quota counselling seats are reserved for central institutions such as BHU, AMU, AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), and Deemed Universities.

You May Also Like