NEET is a pen-paper test conducted once a year by the NTA (National Testing Agency), which is the regulatory board for NEET under the guidelines set out by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Formerly known as AIPMT, NEET is now announced as the qualifying exams for students seeking admissions to medical courses, including AYUSH courses as well.
This year around, the exams are scheduled to be conducted on 3rd May 2020. With exams, fast-approaching, students are preparing like there is no tomorrow. Out of the many strategies to crack NEET, one of them that definitely tops the list is solving NEET previous year papers. This has become such a reliable and recommended tip by almost every other expert/senior etc, that now it has an inevitable tactic. Let us look at some reasons why solving previous years’ papers is a must-do.
- Solving previous years’ papers is the most important step as it renders students the exact idea of the exam pattern, marking scheme, which would directly reflect on their preparation.
- Immensely helps in understanding the format.
- Gives an idea of the recurring concepts and thus understand its importance, weightage of chapters, thereby designing the study planner.
- It is always suggested to solve/practise previous years’ papers under ideal exam scenarios in order to improve in all the aspects and get an insight into one’s own preparation and subsequently in self-assessing.
- Practising papers aids in restoring and strengthening concepts, enabling solving of questions from similar topics in lesser time.
- Solving papers in lesser time boosts confidence, enabling a smooth and less anxious time at the exam hall. This gives you more time to reflect back on the questions and solve carefully.
- Paper-solving gives an edge over other students who do not practice from papers as it is quite overwhelming for students to face the paper without prior experience on it.
- It helps manage time efficiently.
- In addition to all this, solving papers also helps students to strategize in accordance.
- Gives an overview of the previous trends, enabling students to perform better in NEET 2020 exams.
These were a few merits of solving papers. Hope this information helps you solve more and more question papers.
Subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel for more on NEET 2020.